Have you considered the benefits to you and your company of working with an expert business mentor? Join Aston Centre for Growth’s Head of Operations Kate Angel and alumna Nicole Markham on the 10th March 2022 at the Midlands Business Expo for a special presentation & Q&A on what a business mentor could provide and where to find the right one for you.
Here’s a taster of what Kate and Nicole will discuss at the Expo and why the support of a mentor can be so beneficial to your business:
- Self-reflection: What could you learn about yourself through self-reflection? Is there a better way of doing business you hadn’t thought about? Having a conversation with a mentor could help spark your creative juices, enhance your repertoire of leadership expertise or increase your awareness of a new opportunity.
- Take accountability: Who keeps the boss in check and makes sure you’re motivated and performing at your best? Find a mentor who gets the best out of you as business leader.
- Position for the future: Adaptability and innovation have been shown to boost company growth. Be prepared for any business eventuality by enhancing your repertoire of leadership expertise. Maybe amend this slightly to cover having a critical friend to support challenges and difficult business decisions
- Do what works: High-performing corporate leaders such as Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah Winfrey and Gymshark founder Ben Francis have all benefited from a mentor during their careers but also SME leaders such as Nicole, who will explain first-hand how her company has significantly grown as a result of support provided by a business mentor.
- Inspire your employees/associates: What better way to inspire your employees to be the best they can be than by setting your own example of self-growth.
About the Centre:
Aston Centre for Growth, part of the world-renowned Aston Business School, provides leading growth programmes and other practical business support for entrepreneurs, SMEs, business leaders and students across the community. The Centre has experience of working with hundreds of SMEs to support their business growth through high profile programmes such as the Help to Grow: Management national course, Aston Programme for Small Business Growth and its recently launched Aston Business Mentoring Programme, all of which include expert mentoring for ambitious SME leaders. Email:[email protected] for more information.
About the speakers:
Within the Centre, Kate manages and coordinates a range of successful business support programmes for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), such as Help to Grow: Management, Aston Programme for Small Business Growth and Aston Business Mentoring Programme. She is a key member of the Pitch Up Steering group, an investment readiness competition part of the Venturefest West Midlands annual event. Previously, as a Business Enterprise Manager for The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, Kate specialised in sourcing business support for FE business students within to support the underpinning of their learning and coordinated the set-up of FE Enterprise Programmes across the region. Kate is an experienced marketer and has managed many successful marketing campaigns across a variety of roles.
Nicole is the director of outsourced telesales and lead generation agency, Salesbond, and completed Aston Programme for Small Business Growth with Aston Centre for Growth in 2018.
Nicole says working one-to-one with a business mentor on the programme was invaluable and helped her create a strategic action plan for the company’s future growth. Her mentor has subsequently become her non-exec director and has been an all-important support, helping the business successfully navigate its way through the recent global pandemic.
“My mentor serves as a sounding board during times when difficult decisions need to be made and has helped me tremendously over the last four years, particularly during Covid. He inspires me, keeps me focused and has pushed me further than I thought I could go.”
Coventry Building Society Arena
Thursday 10th March 2022
11:00 am - 11:30 am
ATTEND THIS SEMINAR
To book a place at this seminar, click the button below:
11.00 am – 11.30 am – The Magic of a Mentor – 5 ways a mentor could help your business grow and where to find one
Thursday 10th March 2022
Bookings are closed for this event.