Why do some organisations maintain a great reputation amongst their employees whilst others struggle to retain them? Senior leaders play a key role in driving employee engagement

across organisations.

From communicating a common vision and building trust to providing a safe working environment and fair compensation, the right senior leaders with the right skills drive productivity, innovation and growth by successfully engaging their employees to achieve business outcomes.

The Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship with the University of Leicester School of Business is designed for experienced managers looking to progress in to strategic roles or develop within senior positions and provides £14,000 of leadership training funded through the UK Apprenticeship Levy. 

Apprenticeship Levy funding is available to large organisations that pay in to the levy but smaller organisations can also benefit from 95% of this funding on the basis that they contribute the remaining 5% (£700) or, potentially, have the full cost covered by levy transfer from the University or another large organisation.

Building on over 30 years of experience delivering flexible distance learning programmes, the Level 7 Apprenticeship combines online learning with opportunities for on-campus study alongside practical, in-work learning supported by a workplace mentor.

Upon successful completion, alongside the apprenticeship award, apprentices also gain a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) with the option to undertake a further 6-months of study to progress onto the Leicester MBA, leading to an AMBA-accredited MBA qualification.

The Senior Leader Apprenticeship is typically studied over 24 months, with apprentices studying four 6-month modules:

1. Managing and Development People and Organisations
2. Managing Value Creation Processes from Idea to Market
3. Managing Finance and Strategic Decision-Making
4. Strategic Leadership

Alongside this learning, one practical module, Evidencing Senior Leader Praxis, is undertaken throughout the duration of the programme. The time commitment is 11-12 hours per week with 6 hours of this during paid worktime.

In terms of eligibility, the apprentice should have at least 3 years of management, supervisory or professional experience alongside a 2:2 Honours degree or better or an equivalent professional qualification.

Key Benefits:

  • Investment in senior managers improves staff satisfaction, loyalty, commitment and retention.
  • Efficient and cost-effective use of your apprenticeship levy entitlement
  • Incorporate industry-leading skills and practices into your workplace
  • Apprentices gain a dual Level 7 Award: a Senior Leader Apprenticeship and a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration.
  • Apprentices can put skills and knowledge gained into practice immediately
  • Delivered predominantly online, maximising on the-job-learning and minimising time out of the business

Our next intake is October 2024 and you can find out more on our course page, get in touch at [email protected] or join one of our regular online Information Sessions