Photo by Rob Parish
University College Birmingham places great value on the relationships it has developed with employers in the UK, EU and internationally. Employers enable the provision of high quality work placements, across a huge range of vocational areas. We are always looking to expand our local portfolio of employers and would love to start up a conversation!
We know, from our work with employers, just how important good quality work experience is to make our graduates employable and we work very hard to ensure that every student benefits from getting out in to the real world of work. Placements for students follow multiple models, to include;
- 2 weeks to 50 days, unpaid work experience to up to 1 year, full time, paid work placements for our degree level students.
We offer courses across a huge range of industries including hospitality, business, tourism, beauty, sports, education, health and social care, nursing and physiotherapy. The full details of all courses are available here: https://www.ucb.ac.uk/study/courses/
UCB strongly believes in the benefit of work placements to enable students to; experience a real life working environment, develop employability and industry related skills and grow their industry networks. Work placements allow employers to discover the brightest talent within the next generation and tap into the skills and enthusiasm of our students. It is a fantastic opportunity for employers to influence the quality and improve the work-readiness of young people looking to move into their industry.
Offering work experience can bring a number of benefits to you, as an employer:
- Raise your profile – being known as a business that offers work experience or placement opportunities will raise the profile and appeal of your business and sector.
- Improve staff retention – investing in young people brings commitment and loyalty, which means they are more likely to stay with the business. This can help maintain productivity and reduce recruitment costs.
- Grow your own talent – get access to the up and coming talent of the future.
- Develop employees – developing your employees by involving them in the placement and providing potential management opportunities can help employees feel motivated and loyal to the business.
- Achieve new perspective and ideas – young people often bring fresh ideas and approaches which may open up new and emerging markets for the business.
- Gain new understanding of modern learning – increase your understanding of modern learning processes and current educational qualifications.
University College Birmingham provides real-life, industry gold standard working environments, giving students a significant advantage to assist their learning. Supported by a £130 million investment in new campuses, equipment and resources, University College Birmingham invites to you go on a virtual tour of our most recent building – Moss House. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=ry43hidKXqn
Please contact us on 0121 232 4321 / [email protected] if you would like further details or may be able to offer an opportunity to a student.