Learn more about taking part in a practical management training programme delivered by Birmingham City University – Help to Grow: Management supports senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
The 12-week programme is 90% funded by the Government and has been designed to allow participants to complete it alongside full-time work.
Benefits to your business include:
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Build resilience to future shocks
- Learn how to innovate in your business
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
To join Help to Grow: Management,
Your business must:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- From any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- You must be a decision-maker or member of senior management
- Not be a charity
We are currently taking registrations for Cohort 2 of this programme starting on October 19th 2021. We are also taking in registrations for Cohort 3 which starts on January 11th 2022. We also have Cohort 4 starting in March 2022.
Register here for Cohort 2:https://smallbusinesscharter.org/h2gmcourse/birmingham-wm-cohort-2/
Register here for Cohort 3:https://smallbusinesscharter.org/h2gmcourse/birmingham-wm-cohort-3/
Testimonial from a participant from cohort 1 at Birmingham City University:
“Despite my initial scepticism as to whether I would gain anything from Help To Grow Management, both because I already had reasonable experience of business management and because it was being presented by “academics”, I can honestly say that the course is of immense benefit. My worries that it would be too heavy on theory were totally unfounded – yes, of course, some of that is explained, but it is done in such a practical way, linked to real life business examples, and to our own situations, that it truly becomes useful.
To get the full benefit you do need to be sure that you can commit a few hours each week for the programme sessions themselves, applying the ideas to your own business, and then attending the peer group discussions, but if you do that it is hard to imagine that you will not find some real opportunities and ways to grow your company. It is comforting to know that you are not alone in tackling the challenge of finding ways forward! So far, everyone who has presented to, or worked with us, on the course have had real-life business experience themselves and have some practical understanding of many of the issues that most of us are facing.
I would strongly recommend this programme to anyone who is trying to grow their business.”
Peter Davies James Lister and Sons Limited