Exhibitions create value for venues, organisers and suppliers. Their return is crucial for businesses across all sectors. Events bring people together to exchange ideas, make connections and do business.
The Midlands Business Network have worked closely with local venues to give companies the confidence to attend face-to-face business events again. With new safety guidelines in place we can confidently offer you a safe and secure environment to network and promote your business.
Please see below the new safety guidelines and standards that we have in place for all of our exhibitions and events;
- All of the venues we work with have been accredited with the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry Standard. A UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark to reassure customers that venues adhere to Government and public health guidance.
- All our events will adhere to The All Secure Standard, this has been set up to provide a best-practice guide to industry professionals responsible for organising and delivering industry events, trade shows and exhibitions of all sizes, in all locations. You can read this in full detail here: https://www.essa.uk.com/images/Coronavirus/Industry_All_Secure_Standard_051420_ver_10.pdf
- All venues will be deep cleaned prior to and after the event. Venues will also be regularly cleaned throughout the event. Enhanced and visible cleaning regimes throughout the event and particularly in key areas can provide a visible representation of the industry’s dedication to health and safety.
- Staggered Admission – Visitors will need to book an allocated time slot in order to attend the event. This will limit visitor numbers at any one time. By staggering admission, delegates can enjoy a safer and more seamless experience.
- One way system – We will be using a one-way system which visitors must adhere too. A prescribed flow through event venues helps visitors and exhibitors to safely maintain social distancing requirements. Entrances and exits can follow the same one-way traffic to follow the logical flow. These traffic flows allow for proper spacing to be maintained and easily monitored, all of which contributes to our enhanced healthy and safety standards.
- We have extended the timings of our exhibitions to evenly distribute the footfall and again, limit the number of people in the room at any one time.
- We will be using an electronic registration system. Encouraging advanced, online registration provides an achievable means to minimise onsite contact at a number of touch points. That effort combined with the reduction of queues, allows visitors to enjoy a safe and enhanced experience where their time onsite is maximised for effectiveness. The system will allow us to record accurate data for Track and Trace purposes.
- Social distancing of 2m will be enforced at all our events and exhibitions. We will be reducing the number of exhibitors and delegates allowed in the room at any one time. We will be following the Crowd Density Standard which illustrates our commitment to prioritising health and safety first while enabling successful interactions among our audiences.
- Additional event staff and security will be present throughout the event to enforce the social distancing rules and manage the footfall throughout the day
- Ample hand sanitizer stations will be situated around the venue. Some of the venues we are using also have a temperature testing facility which is mandatory for all visitors to use.
- Additional signage will be in place to enforce new safety measurements
- All venue and event staff must use PPE
- Our exhibitor guide & floor plan will be electronic; again, this limits human contact
- A maximum of two people per exhibitor stand is recommended